Department - Civil Engineering
The Civil Engineering Department started to function in the year 2008 with a current sanctioned admission for 120 fresh students per year. The Department has played a vital role all these years by moulding the students to excel in related careers in both the government sectors and private industries.
The department offers a 3–year diploma course that includes subjects such as structural design and engineering, project planning, estimation and implementation, and civil engineering drawing.
Apart from the regular subjects, students are also trained on add-on computer courses such as AutoCAD and other software related to civil construction, estimation, and project planning and implementation. The entire diploma course is designed in a manner that would groom the students to become efficient field supervisors who would strive to maintain the highest standards in civil construction.
The civil engineering labs are both spacious and equipped with state-of-the-art equipment to enable students to learn and consolidate their knowledge in an optimal manner. The practical studies help to keep the student stay abreast of the latest techniques and developments in the industry. We also allow students to interact with industry experts at frequent intervals though guest lectures and symposiums which help them keep up with the advancements in the industry and widen their knowledge base.
The Civil Engineering Department of Sri bharathi polytechnic is made up of highly qualified staff members with ample experience. The Faculty Development Program helps the staff members to continuously upgrade their knowledge through various quality improvement programs.
To establish an outstanding centre of regional and national reputation for providing a quality engineering education to the students from the rural area of Punjab, excellent research and services to the professional and the community; to produce quality civil engineers; and to employ principles of continual quality improvement to enhance its programme and faculty.
- To serve the people of Punjab and the country by providing a broad and high quality education to its student for a successful professional career.
- To conduct strong basic and applied research for national needs.
- To serve the construction industry; civil engineering profession and rural community through dissemination of knowledge and technical services.
- Survey practice.
- Construction practice Engineering Lab.
- Material Testing Lab.
- CAD in civil engineering Lab.
- Hydraulic lab.
- Computer application in civil engineering practice.
- Duration 3 Years
- Qualification 10th/12th
- Lateral Entry Yes
- Total Student Strength 30 Student
- Facilities As Per Standard Available